ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE TECHNICIAN – GREENVILLE, SC
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Industrial Hygiene Technician to join our team in Greenville, South Carolina. This multi-disciplinary position will work with our clients across numerous industries to conduct hazardous materials inspections, building air quality assessments, environmental site assessments and industrial hygiene surveys. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within cross-functional teams in a variety of commercial and industrial settings.
- Site visits and field data collection for environmental, building sciences and industrial hygiene assessments
- Project coordination with client and team members (scheduling, site access, coordination)
- Hazardous materials inspections (asbestos, lead-based paint, radon, etc.)
- Building air quality and bioaerosol assessments
- Industrial Hygiene assessments (noise dosimetry, sound level survey, air sampling, ventilation testing)
- Use field equipment properly and in accordance with equipment specifications and standard operating procedures
- Prepare technical reports, permit applications, correspondence, and plans. Activities include drafting text, preparing figures, and document reproduction.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of environmental science, industrial hygiene, hazardous materials, site assessments
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
- Detail-oriented, working effectively in a busy office and field environment, and working with deadlines.
- Excellent technical writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Life Sciences, Occupational Health & Safety or related science field is preferred, however not required.
- Obtaining or Maintaining South Carolina and North Carolina Asbestos Licensure and having >2 years of experience assessing risk (e.g. chemical hazards, mold, lead/asbestos, etc.)
- Strong communication and technical writing skills, with the ability to prepare complex industrial hygiene reports.
- Ability to multitask and work independently, with little supervision. Position requires flexibility for periodic travel.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize work load.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance Policy
- 401K (after one year)
If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.