HEALTH, SAFETY & INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE CONSULTANT – LOUISVILLE, KY
The EI Group’s office in Louisville, KY has an immediate opening for a self-motivated Health, Safety & Industrial Hygiene Consultant that can work independently in a variety of commercial and industrial work environments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Core responsibilities will include managing and performing technical Health Safety and Industrial Hygiene consulting services for a variety of clients in the regional market.
The core technical competencies of the successful candidate in this position will include the following:
- Mock OSHA Compliance Audits (General Industry and Construction Safety)
- Develop and Audit Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Procedures
- Machine Guarding Assessments
- Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)/Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Ergonomics Assessments (Industrial and Office)
- Written HSE Program Development (1910 and 1926)
- Develop and Deliver Training Courses (OSHA 10/30, Powered Industrial Truck, Aerial Lift, Confined Space, LOTO, First Aid/CPR/AED)
- Industrial Hygiene Exposure Assessments (chemical, biological, and physical health hazards)
- Hazardous Materials Inspections (asbestos, lead based paint, mercury, PCBs, etc.)
Additional project management and leadership responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing scope of services, project budgets, and timelines for project milestones and final deliverables with clients
- Managing project budgets, contracts and final deliverables
- Generating technical reports and providing peer review for staff in regional offices
- Working collaboratively with corporate and regional business development staff to expand scope of services provide in local market
- Active participation in professional associations (AIHA, ASSE, etc.)
Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of KY State and Federal OSHA regulations in the area of occupational safety compliance/training and industrial hygiene, in addition to strong communication and technical writing skills. A BS degree in Industrial Hygiene, Life Sciences, or Safety-related studies is required. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com.