EI's COVID-19 Professional Services >> more info <<
MANAGER, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING – MORRISVILLE, NC
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is searching for a Registered Nurse with occupational health and safety experience to provide occupational health nursing (OHN) support to EI’s industrial/private sector and municipal client base. The successful candidate should possess an entrepreneurial initiative and be driven to be a key player in the expansion of The EI Group’s occupational health consulting business.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Directs all operations of EI’s Occupational Health Nursing Department:
- policy development
- budget preparation and management
- client interface
- development and implementation of marketing programs to generate new business
2) Management of EI’s Contract Nursing Program to include:
- recruitment of occupational health nurses for contract employment
- promotion and development of EI’s occupational health consulting services to the public and private sector
- provide technical support to the contract nurses.
- PRN for current clients may also be required.
3) Periodically provide on-site occupational health services or train and oversee technicians to provide these services to employees:
- pulmonary function and respirator fit testing
- audiometric monitoring
- injury treatment and accident record keeping
- baseline wellness screening for employees
- administration of flu vaccines (as well as inoculation of employees for various pathogens, including Hepatitis A & B, diphtheria, tetanus and rabies)
- blood drawing for medical screening purposes
- “fitness for duty” medical evaluation.
4) Provide routine consultation to EI’s industrial clients regarding:
- OSHA compliance
- health & safety compliance
- health care fairs and seminars
- site-specific occupational health industrial course development and instruction in First Aid/CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens and other occupational health courses
5) Support and implement corporate wellness initiatives for EI clients, including:
- biometric baseline monitoring and personal wellness coaching
- Coordinate and maintain, for all locations, internal records relating to employee physicals
- PFT testing
- Respirator Fit testing
6) Serve as EI’s representative in professional organizations such as:
- AAOHN, NCAAOHN and the National Association of Occupational Health Professionals
- local and national chapter association conventions
- Assist in sales/marketing efforts when exhibiting EI’s services at these convention meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements:
Certification as Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or minimum 10 years of experience as a RN in an industrial/occupational environment required, Bachelor’s degree required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- NC Board of Nursing state licensing required
- Must be eligible for licensure in other states
- Current certifications in, or ability to become certified as a CAOHC Audiometric technician, NIOSH Pulmonary Function technician and CPR/First Aid (if new certification or recertification in these disciplines is needed, EI will provide these at no cost).
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must have skills in decision-making, problem-solving, independent nursing judgment, communications, management, and a broad knowledge of general nursing. Flexibility in scheduling and traveling are essential. Need broad knowledge and appreciation of individual and group behavior, including employee relationship. Must possess an entrepreneurial initiative and be driven to be a key player in the expansion of The EI Group’s occupational health consulting business. Working knowledge of computerized program management tools, such as Microsoft Office/Excel, is necessary to perform the duties in this position.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience. Relocation package available under certain circumstances. Full medical/dental/LTD/Life insurance benefits and matching 401K Retirement Plan. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.