ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST – MORRISVILLE, NC
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service environmental engineering, occupational health and safety (EHS) consulting/training firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with a broad client base of domestic and international industrial operations. Founded in 1989, our professionals are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise who focus on assisting our industrial clients navigate and simplify the ever-changing compliance challenges in their EHS landscape.
About the Job
The EI Group is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable Environmental Scientist to join our team and play a key role in assisting in various environmental field efforts and working with our Environmental project teams to evaluate environmental data for various reporting efforts. Experience in field data collection efforts for soil, stormwater, wastewater, and groundwater investigations is desired but not required. The successful candidate will be willing to travel to various project sites and complete these field efforts in both a team environment and independently.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collect field data, observe, document field work, as directed.
- Use field equipment properly and in accordance with equipment specifications.
- Perform environmental project tasks including supporting project managers, assembling electronic reports and proposals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other graphics, not required but desired.
- Assist with implementing project scopes of work.
- Perform project tasks in accordance with environmental and other applicable rules and regulations as well as with approved project plans.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports, permit applications, correspondence, and plans.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in environmental science, or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles.
- Ability to think creatively in the field to solve problems.
- Travel Required: a mix of local project work, short duration overnights (2-3 day away from home, and possibly full weeks on location)
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Experience Level: 0-5 years
- Pay Rate: $20.00 – 24.00 per hour
- Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
Interested candidates should forward their resume to email@example.com.
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are passionate about occupational health and safety, possess a keen eye for detail, and thrive in a dynamic work environment, we would love to hear from you.