HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST – RICHMOND, VA
FThe EI Group, Inc. (EI) is an environmental, health and safety (EHS) consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with branch offices strategically located throughout the United States and the capability to serve a wide variety of industries across the world. Founded in 1989 solely as an environmental consulting firm, EI’s response to its clients’ needs led to a natural progression for the company to widen its scope of services. As a result, EI began providing comprehensive consulting in areas including industrial hygiene, safety and occupational health. EI’s diversification of complementing services has made it the one and only call its clients ever need to make for comprehensive occupational safety and health and environmental engineering consulting. The EI Group exists to help our clients and partners navigate the ever-changing compliance challenges in the EHS landscape. We are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise. Our core mission is to help our clients simplify their challenges through an experience that leaves a lasting impression.
About the Job
The EI Group office in Richmond, VA has an immediate opening for a Health & Safety Specialist that can work independently and in multi-disciplinary team environments. The ideal candidate will be capable of delivering training on safety topics as well as performing on-site safety inspections and compliance assessments. Responsibilities will include recognition and identification of common safety hazards. Familiarity in OSHA general industry standards is required, familiarity of construction standards is a plus. Additional responsibilities include development of proposals including project budgets and timelines, generating reports and recommendations based off of findings from assessments.
- Familiarity in some or all the following safety topics:
- Hazard Communication
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts)
- Aerial Lifts/Scissor Lifts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or equivalent, or relevant job experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal safety regulations for the workplace
- Ability to read and interpret OSHA standards and internal policies for various clients
- Proficient Computer skills – using Microsoft Office
- Ability to think critically and analyze complex problems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- OSHA 510/511 Certifications
- Ability to teach OSHA 10/30 for General Industry and/or Construction
- Ability to write Job Hazard Analyses & Job Safety Analyses
- Travel Required: a mix of local project work, short duration overnights (2-3 day away from home, and possibly full weeks on location)
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Primary Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.