HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST – LOUISVILLE, KY
e EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service environmental engineering, occupational health and safety (EHS) consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with a broad client base of domestic and international industrial operations. Founded in 1989, our professionals are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise who focus on assisting our industrial clients navigate and simplify the ever-changing compliance challenges in their EHS landscape.
About the Job
The EI Group is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Health & Safety Specialist to support our clients’ initiatives to conform with applicable health and safety policies, procedures and OSHA Standards. We have an immediate opening for a Health & Safety Specialist able to work independently and in multi-disciplinary environments. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing on-site safety audits, inspections, and compliance assessments for commercial, light and heavy industrial manufacturing clients in the region. The ideal candidate will also be capable of delivering training for compliance with site specific health and safety policies and OSHA General Industry Standards. The safety professional will work with senior staff and CSPs to develop final deliverables to include recommendations for corrective actions and compliance in conformance with the hierarchy of controls and applicable OSHA Standards.
Experience required for the following:
- Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis (JHA/JSA)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)
- Fall Protection/Elevated Walking Working Surfaces
- Confined Spaces
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts)
- Aerial Lifts/Scissor Lifts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety or equivalent, or relevant job experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal safety regulations for the workplace
- Ability to read and interpret OSHA standards and client specific internal policies
- Proficient Computer skills – using Microsoft Office
- Ability to think critically and analyze complex problems
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- OSHA 510/511 Certifications
- Ability to teach OSHA 10/30 for General Industry and/or Construction.
- Travel Required: a mix of local and regional project work, short duration overnights (2-3 day away from home, and possibly full weeks on location)
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Primary Location: Louisville, Kentucky
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com.