INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – RICHMOND, VA
to to he EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service environmental engineering, occupational health and safety (EHS) consulting firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with a broad client base of domestic and international industrial operations. Founded in 1989, our professionals are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise who focus on assisting our industrial clients navigate and simplify the ever-changing compliance challenges in their EHS landscape.
About the Job
The EI Group has an immediate opening for an Industrial Hygiene Technician able to work independently and in multi-disciplinary team environments. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in our organization by assisting with the identification, assessment, and control of workplace hazards. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Industrial Hygienists and Safety Professionals to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and best practices.
- Conduct comprehensive asbestos inspections in accordance with regulatory guidelines, including visual assessments, and bulk sample collection.
- Perform lead inspections to identify potential lead hazards, assess exposure risks, and recommend appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Conduct thorough indoor air quality assessments, evaluating factors such as air pollutants, ventilation systems, moisture intrusion, and mold growth.
- Prepare detailed reports and provide clear recommendations based on inspection findings, ensuring effective communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, emerging trends, and best practices related to asbestos inspections, lead inspections, and indoor air quality assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety or equivalent, or relevant job experience
- Proficient Computer skills – using Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data, identify hazards, and recommend effective control measures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare detailed reports and effectively communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a proactive approach to identifying and addressing potential issues.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to client sites as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting asbestos inspections, lead inspections, and indoor air quality assessments in industrial, residential and/or commercial settings.
- EPA Lead-Based Paint certification and/or State-specific Lead-Based Paint Accreditation
- State-Specific Asbestos Inspector Accreditation
- In-depth knowledge of applicable regulations and guidelines, such as OSHA, EPA, AHERA, NESHAP, and state-specific requirements.
- Proficiency in using specialized equipment for sample collection and analysis, including air monitoring instruments, microscopy, and lead testing kits.
- Travel Required: a mix of local and regional project work, short duration overnights (2-3 day away from home, and possibly full weeks on location)
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Primary Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.