ELECTRICAL SAFETY PROFESSIONAL – MORRISVILLE, NC
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service environmental engineering, occupational health and safety (EHS) consulting/training firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with a broad client base of domestic and international industrial operations. Founded in 1989, our professionals are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise who focus on assisting our industrial clients navigate and simplify the ever-changing compliance challenges in their EHS landscape.
About the Job
The EI Group is seeking a highly motivated electrical safety professional to be a part of a rapidly growing EHS consulting and training firm. General electrical safety, arc flash and lock out/tag out program development, compliance and training are fundamental services covered under EI’s comprehensive Industrial Safety Compliance and Training Division. The successful candidate will have between 2-5 years of engineering experience with energized electrical equipment, preferably in industrial settings. It is desirable that applicants have experience in the following areas; proficiency in reading and creating as-built electrical one-line drawings, National Electrical Code (NEC), OSHA 29 CFR 1910.331-335, Electrical symbols to be used for drawings, and PPE requirements for arc flash and shock protection. High level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of customers is essential. Strong proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat are required. Knowledge of SKM, Easy Power or an equivalent design software is desired, but not required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Field collect electrical equipment data from the electrical infrastructure found in the field.
- Creation of hand drawn as-built electrical one-line drawings.
- An understanding of the electrical conductors, fuses, and circuit breakers is required.
- Relevant electrical design experience is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other graphics not required but desired.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports, correspondence, and plans.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in an electrical related field, or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of practical electrical field experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of your time.
- Ability to think creatively in the field to solve problems.
- Travel Required: Regular weekly business travel duration overnights (2-3 days away from home, and possibly full weeks on location)
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Experience Level: 2-5 years
- Pay Rate: $30.00 – 32.00 per hour
- Primary Location: Morrisville, North Carolina
Interested candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are passionate about occupational health and safety, possess a keen eye for detail, and thrive in a dynamic work environment, we would love to hear from you.