INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST – CENTRAL FLORIDA
The EI Group, Inc. (EI) is a full-service environmental engineering, occupational health and safety (EHS) consulting/training firm headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with a broad client base of domestic and international industrial operations. Founded in 1989, our professionals are responsive problem solvers with diverse expertise who focus on assisting our industrial clients navigate and simplify the ever-changing compliance challenges in their EHS landscape.
About the Job
The EI Group is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Industrial Hygienist to join our team and play a key role in assessing, analyzing, and mitigating workplace hazards. The position will be responsible for evaluating and controlling industrial chemical, physical, and biological hazards to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. The position will be in Florida, preferably central Florida.
- Conduct comprehensive industrial hygiene assessments and evaluations of workplace hazards, including chemical, physical, and biological agents, via air sampling, noise monitoring, and other personnel exposure monitoring to assess and quantify workplace hazards.
- Analyze collected data and prepare detailed reports outlining findings, recommendations, and control measures.
- Maintain working knowledge of industry regulations and best practices, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail).
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Understanding of industrial hygiene principles, practices, and regulatory requirements, including the performance of personnel exposure assessments involving air sampling, noise monitoring, and other relevant measurements.
- Familiarity with applicable laws, regulations, and standards such as OSHA, EPA, and NIOSH guidelines.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyze complex data sets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in performing industrial hygiene risk assessments.
- Travel Required: a mix of local project work, short duration overnights (2-3 day away from home, with occasional full weeks on location)
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Primary Location: Central Florida
The EI Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package available. If you are passionate about occupational health and safety, possess a keen eye for detail, and thrive in a dynamic work environment, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in becoming a contributing member of our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com.