WATER QUALITY PROGRAMS
EI offers a full-range of permitting, compliance, and engineering services related to industrial wastewater, stormwater, process water, and groundwater management. A list of service areas and related expertise is provided below.
Permitting and Compliance
EI’s professional staff has significant experience with the permitting of effluent discharges to surface waters (NPDES), Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) and surface infiltration (NPDES non-discharge permit). These services may incorporate the following:
- Permit application preparation
- Negotiation of permit monitoring requirements
- Design of wastewater treatment system upgrades to achieve compliance
- Sampling of wastewater effluent streams
- NPDES permit compliance evaluation
Wastewater Treatment Facility Engineering
EI has designed and managed the construction of numerous industrial wastewater treatment and ancillary facilities, including water/wastewater treatment systems, groundwater treatment systems, pump stations, water reuse/recycling systems, and containment and diversionary structures. Our engineers evaluate production operations in order to incorporate potential manufacturing modifications into designs to ensure that facilities will meet future demands. Additionally, EI provides troubleshooting consultation services for the evaluation of existing wastewater processes and treatment systems. EI’s list of engineering services include:
- Wastewater stream treatability studies
- Engineering design for wastewater treatment system/development of specifications
- Construction management services
- Wastewater treatment system start-up support and operations & maintenance
Stormwater Management, Spill Control and Pollution Prevention
Between the EPA’s NPDES stormwater regulations, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) requirements under the Clean Water Act, and the new, all-around emphasis for pollution prevention initiatives, facility management duties for most industries and municipalities have increased. EI has supported its clients in this area by developing management programs that combine the common threads of these programs and simplify the day to day requirements, saving both time and money. Specifically, EI provides a full array of services including:
- Development of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Design of containment/diversionary structures for stormwater runoff or spill control
- Establishing training and authority to carry out emergency response actions
- Evaluation of a worst-case spill event for the design of secondary containment
- SPCC plan review and certification by one of EI’s professional engineers
IN NEED OF OUR SERVICES?
As usual, The EI Group did a wonderful job. The technician that was here was very friendly and professional. Thank you so much for a job well done!
It is estimated that 5.6 million or more workers are at risk for occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens. OSHA requires employers provide training to any employee that has the potential to be exposed to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM). OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1030 (the standard) applies to all workers in the private sector, as well as civilian employees of Federal entities.