Mold and biological contamination have quickly become high profile issues throughout the country. On almost a weekly basis, local and national news media are depicting businesses disrupted and residents ill or displaced from their homes because of mold contamination. The issue is quickly finding its way into the courtroom, as property owners, insurers, lenders and attorneys are all drawn into the equation. Settlements and awards in the tens of millions of dollars have already been reached in a number of mold cases.
EI provides the following microbial assessment and remediation services:
- Investigate site for sources of moisture/water intrusion utilizing industry leading technology and techniques (Infared cameras, moisture meters, boroscopes and indoor air quality meters).
- Collect air, bulk, or tape-lift, or swab samples for mold/fungi.
- Generate list of contaminated and/or potentially contaminated materials based upon room-by-room visual inspection.
- Prepare a written report containing a discussion of all observations and findings of the study.
- Provide general recommendations for immediate and long term corrective action.
- Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) prepare a written work plan which will incorporate the scope of work as well as remediation guidelines as established by the US EPA and other agencies.
- Cost estimates for completion of remediation activities.
- Develop exposure assessments for health professionals evaluating impact on human health.
- Provide project oversight as well as clearances at the end of mold remediation projects.
DO YOU HAVE POTENTIAL EXPOSURE CONCERNS?
It sure seems like every cause has its day. Just in October alone, there is National Get Funky Day, National Do Something Nice Day, National Taco Day, National Vodka Day, National Manufacturing Day…and the list goes on and on.
Well today, October 5th, 2022 is Energy Efficiency Day and it is a good reminder of the value of saving energy. The Energy Efficiency Day website’s tagline is “Save Money. Cut Pollution. Create Jobs.”