Mold and biological contamination have quickly become high profile issues throughout the country. On almost a weekly basis, local and national news media are depicting businesses disrupted and residents ill or displaced from their homes because of mold contamination. The issue is quickly finding its way into the courtroom, as property owners, insurers, lenders and attorneys are all drawn into the equation. Settlements and awards in the tens of millions of dollars have already been reached in a number of mold cases.
EI provides the following microbial assessment and remediation services:
- Investigate site for sources of moisture/water intrusion utilizing industry leading technology and techniques (Infared cameras, moisture meters, boroscopes and indoor air quality meters).
- Collect air, bulk, or tape-lift, or swab samples for mold/fungi.
- Generate list of contaminated and/or potentially contaminated materials based upon room-by-room visual inspection.
- Prepare a written report containing a discussion of all observations and findings of the study.
- Provide general recommendations for immediate and long term corrective action.
- Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) prepare a written work plan which will incorporate the scope of work as well as remediation guidelines as established by the US EPA and other agencies.
- Cost estimates for completion of remediation activities.
- Develop exposure assessments for health professionals evaluating impact on human health.
- Provide project oversight as well as clearances at the end of mold remediation projects.
DO YOU HAVE POTENTIAL EXPOSURE CONCERNS?
Across the country this week, temperatures are forecasted to reach record highs in many areas. Heat stress may be thought of as a summertime safety issue; however, it is present indoors year-round due to environmental ambient conditions caused by heat sources from process equipment in certain industries.