EI routinely provides on-site, contract safety management/support services to assist clients comply with OSHA General Industry (CFR 1910) and Construction Operations (CFR 1926) standards. Our clients engage on-site professional safety contract support from the EI Group to address a variety of short and long term specific needs, including;
1) Design and development of specific safety programs, policies and/or procedures which target deficiencies in safety operations or training. On-site immersion by EI’s contract safety professionals is ideal for addressing diverse safety compliance/training initiatives best accomplished by on-site access/oversight. Specific situations include facility start-up, operation closings or expansions.
2) Temporary or extended safety support during transitions between permanent safety staff or for supplemental support during periods of workforce and facility expansion.
3) Temporary or extended safety support during periods of increased operational risk.
4) Execution of time-sensitive safety initiatives that exceed the capacity of permanent safety staff to accomplish in a timely manner. EI safety professional contract support can assure these assignments are completed efficiently, without the interruption of routine safety program initiatives.
5) Third party safety oversight of construction projects during facility expansion/improvement. This support is especially helpful when a construction project utilizes numerous construction contractors whose in-house safety programs vary widely in scope and effectiveness.
The duration and extent of contract safety services varies widely and is contingent upon our clients’ perceived risk and timetable. Typically, on-site support contracts range from a few months to multiple years, from temporary, part time coverage to over forty hours/week. With a flexible team of safety professionals that possess a wide range of specialties/capabilities, EI is able to provide clients with solutions that evolve with their specific site needs. Although EI contract safety support is designed to offer consistent and predictable on-site safety professional coverage, it is not uncommon for contract support to increase or taper-off as facility conditions change/evolve.
IN-DEPTH SAFETY KNOWLEDGE. FLEXIBILITY. INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
The EI Group’s diverse group of contract safety professionals have a wide range of expertise in managing numerous areas of safety and developing/implementing written safety programs. The depth of our safety staff allows EI to place the safety professional with the best possible background to address your particular operational needs. Specific areas of safety expertise include electrical safety (LOTO/arc flash and general electrical safety), emergency response, OSHA recordkeeping, PPE requirements, confined spaces, fall protection, cranes/rigging, aerial lift operation, PIT and ergonomics, just to name a few. Our professional safety resources also have experience over a broad range of settings across diverse industries including construction, heavy/light manufacturing, food and drug, biotechnology/pharmaceutical R&D, power generation, primary metal production and petroleum refining. In addition to managing day-to-day safety operations, EI’s on-site safety specialists are often asked to focus on specific areas where compliance deficiencies exist, while maintaining general safety programs already in place. Such flexibility, combined with their abilities to develop EHS programs and deliver OSHA-compliant training, makes EI contract safety specialists an ideal solution for addressing the variety of safety demands our clients commonly encounter.
IN NEED OF AN ON-SITE CONTRACT SAFETY PROFESSIONAL?
In today’s workplace, safety and compliance training is more important than ever. Having a comprehensive program in place is essential to protecting your employees and customers as well as your business. Safety training and compliance can help reduce workplace accidents and injuries, protect the environment and prevent legal liabilities. In order to accomplish this, EI recommends using the “Triple T” method when developing training: Tailored, Transparent and Timely.